Thursday, August 2, 2007

Serious as Sin

I laugh at myself often. Revealing my foibles is not something that I have a lot of problem with. I'm a messy eater, a sometimes klutz, and I can't find my way out of a paper bag. In addition, I can be an obsessive planner, I apologize too much, and I'm confusing as all get out. I'm not proud of all these things, but it's definitely who I am.

Because I'm so willing to laugh at my foibles, I think I'm sometimes a little too willing to laugh at things that cross the line from foibles to mistakes. Both in my own life and in the life of others, I tend to try to see the humorous it situations. Sometimes these situations compromise what I believe is the difference between right and wrong and I still laugh. The sad thing is, the consequences and harm done by wrong choices is no laughing matter. Additionally, when people act out of accordance with God's mandates, it hurts Him. As my Lord and Savior it should hurt me too.

I've come to realize that when I laugh at sin its because I'm trying to make an uncomfortable situation more comfortable. But sin should never be comfortable to me. I least I hope not.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Better Things Ahead: Serious as Sin

This page has moved to a new address.

Serious as Sin